UUCC is your church, your faith community, your spiritual family, your tribe. You need to become involved. There are lots of ways. Here are a few people to contact and the projects they’re working on.
Are you ready to step into a leadership role to guide and steward our congregation?
- Inquire about serving in one of the following positions on the 2022 Board of Directors beginning in July (see position descriptions):
Do you like to reach out and connect with others one-on-one through good old-fashioned card and letter writing?
- Prison ministry pen pals – see Deanna
- Circle of Care committee – see Janie
Do you prefer to use your writing abilities to speak to a larger audience?
- Become a contributing writer for our monthly newsletter – see Sandra
- Write and deliver a sermon for a Sunday service – see Tracie
- Write a letter to the editor of our local newspaper, the Herald Citizen, about an issue you care about – You can do this all on your own, but Ric, Cassandra, and several others have experience and would be happy to consult.
Do you like to take pictures, make music, or have another artistic talent?
- Photography or art for the website – see Cassandra
- Selling art as a fundraiser – see any Board member
- Performing music for service, live or recorded – See Tracie or Janie
Are you interested in cultivating the spiritual growth of this congregation?
- Lead a small group ministry or religious education program for kids or adults. Materials are available through the UUA. You don’t have to start from scratch.
- Volunteer to serve on the Committee on Ministry to help Deanna on her journey as a minister. This is a minimal time commitment, but how rewarding to support Deanna, who does so much to support each of us – see Tracie or Deanna
- Help plan a special commissioning ceremony for Deanna upon completion of her Commissioned Lay Minister program in the spring of 2022 – see Kathy or Tracie
- Volunteer to be a service coordinator on Sundays. You will get to select meaningful readings and music to enhance the speaker’s message and share with the congregation. Training and materials are available. See Tracie
Do you thrive on social media or have other computer, A/V, or technical skills?
- Help run UUCC’s Facebook/Twitter accounts – see Cassandra or Deanna
- Help with logistics for streaming hybrid services when we return to in-person worship – See Tracie
- Help with developing the UUCC website to keep it up to date and better than ever – see Cassandra
- Be available to help service coordinators with technical/Zoom assistance during regular Sunday services when we are online -See Tracie & Cassandra
Are you passionate about social justice causes in our area?
- See Cassandra, Susie, or Deanna about helping with the food pantry (maintain inventory list, put in, take out, etc)
- See Carol or Susie about aiding those at risk of becoming homeless
- See Norma about how you can help make UUCC a Green Sanctuary
- Talk to Rochelle about how you can get involved with children’s literacy in the Upper Cumberland
- Talk to any board member about what social justice project YOU want to spearhead for our congregation