Many Sundays after the service there is a table set up to sell Fair Trade coffees, teas, and chocolates. All proceeds benefit the UUCC.
Annual Services Auction
Perhaps you are not actively involved with the worship program because of work or other commitments. Now is your chance to get more involved! Through the month of February, we are looking for people to donate items or services to be auctioned off to benefit our congregation. What if you do not have something to donate? Maybe you are looking to buy an item or service. Someone in the congregation might be willing to help in exchange for a dona on to the congrega on. Need some examples? Previously offered or requested items:
- One crochet lesson
- Construct a great stellated dodecahedron from drinking straws
- Crochet a hat and scarf
- Cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and soups offered for bid
- Crockpot meal for First Sunday (vegan, vegetarian or omnivore)
- Dinner party for several lucky winners
- Tea party (Mad Hatter optional) that is always special
- Sermon on a topic of your choice
A sheet for donated items or services and a sheet for desired items or services are available on the table in the kitchen area. Don’t be the last person to sign up. Questions, comments, or suggestions? Contact Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org or any board member.
Book Collection for McKay’s
There is an ongoing collection of gently used books, which can be dropped off at the church. When enough books are collected, a volunteer will take the books to McKay’s to be sold. Several large loads of books were collected and sold in 2019. This fundraiser continues to attract interest and enthusiasm as a way for folks to clear out unwanted or unneeded books and help the congregation at the same time.
Kroger Community Rewards
Kroger customers can designate the UUCC to receive a small percentage of all purchased made using their Kroger card. This is a great way to support the congregation at no additional cost to yourself. Follow these instructions to get set up.
If you do not have an account on www.kroger.com you will need to start one. If you do have an online account, skip to the next section.
- Go to www.kroger.com and click on Register.
- This will take you to the Create an Account page where you type in your Sign In information.
- Once you enter all your information, click the orange Create Account button.
- Now you will need to add your Kroger Plus Card to your online account (if you don’t have a Kroger Plus Card you can get a digital one online at this step). Enter your Kroger Plus Card number from your card or your Alternate ID (the 10 digit phone number you provided on your Kroger Plus Card) and the Last Name used to register the Kroger Plus Card.
- Click the Save button and you have created your Kroger online account and added your card.
Now you will link your Kroger Plus Card to UUCC in the Community Rewards Program
- Make sure you are signed in to your www.kroger.com account.
- Click on the Community drop down menu near the top of the screen and select Community Rewards.
- Click on Enroll Now.
- You can either enter our registration number 89683 or type in Untiartian Universalist Congregation of Cookeville
- Select UUCC and Enroll.
You’re all done! Thanks again!
Amazon Smile is a way to shop on Amazon while also giving back to the UUCC. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. This is a great way to support the congregation at no additional cost to yourself. Follow these instructions to get set up.
Whenever you use Amazon, use the url smile.amazon.com instead of the default amazon.com. If you are already on an Amazon page, you can simply type “smile.” in the url before “amazon” and press Enter. Then you will be on the Amazon Smile version of the page.
On your first visit to Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com), you are prompted to select a charitable organization from a list of eligible organizations.
To change your charitable organization:
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Type Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Cookeville
- Click Search
- Click the yellow Select button